- What should I do to prepare for my fast?
- When would my fast start and finish?
- Do I have to stay at the LUPE office for the whole 24 hours to participate in the fast?
- Can I drink water while I'm fasting?
- Can I fast for longer than 24 hours?
- I am a public official or administrator and would like to fast - Can I just send a written statement of support?
Your 24 hour fast would begin at 12 noon and end the following day at 12 noon. You might eat breakfast on the day you begin you fast, abstaining from lunch and dinner that day and breakfast the next day. In all you would be abstaining from three meals.
Yes, drink plenty of water to stay hydrated through your fast. We only ask that you abstain from eating during your 24 hour fast.
You can choose to fast for longer than 24 hours, but we recommend checking with your doctor first. Let us know if you choose to fast longer than 24 hours so we can make sure you are properly prepared.
I am a public official or administrator and would like to fast - Can I just send a written statement of support?
One of the most gratifying aspect of participating in the fast is hearing the stories of those most impacted by immigration and border militarization. We encourage you to join the daily session to share your reasons for fasting, meet the people directly impacted and hear their stories. This would require only a small time commitment on your part of about 20 to 30 minutes.
The final day of the chain fast will be October 4. We are planning a big event for that day and would like local officials to join. Get more information about October 4 here.